Wednesday, 1 May 2013

May Motivation

April really seemed to speed by. It definitely didn't feel spring-like and warm, like I had been hoping- instead we got ice storms, hail and snow a few days. We did net a few pretty, sunny days though so I guess I will just be thankful for that. As far as goals went, let's take a look at my April Aspirations-

april to do

I did manage to declutter the basement which was a biiiiig undertaking as well as the tv unit. All that's left is the ensuite vanity and spare room closet but both of those are being held up by renovation- boo! I also got rid of a lot of junk this month- we got rid of the old broken fridge we've had in our garage since Christmas and a bunch of renovation debris that has been lying around from our ensuite. We have so much extra stuff though, I've decided to host a garage sale this Spring. Anything that doesn't sell will be donated immediately. I can't wait. I'm hoping I can whip this place into shape once the extra stuff is gone. This may mean a house tour video. Please note the "may" in that sentence- no promises! 

The shower- I got the ceiling of the bathroom painted. The seams all got caulked. This past Sunday, the end was in sight. Shayne and his dad got the shelves in, the stationary panel in and were on target to get the sliding door and plumbing fixtures in place... then Shayne's phone rang and he got called into work on an emergency call. Great timing. Needless to say, the end is in sight. Let's hope it comes soon! 

My name change has begun and that was the main goal. I need to keep at it but the big ones are started. I'm calling this a win. 

Blog regularly... well I managed to post 3 times last week. That has to count for something! 

As for May- here's what I'm hoping to get accomplished. 


may to do

A garage sale needs to happen this month. For my sanity. 

We have lots of things to do in order to finish the ensuite- drywall work is one of the big ones. I have a feeling the hardest part will be convincing Shayne that the one doorway needs to be closed in again. Wish me luck. 

Vegetables need to be planted this month for our veggie garden. Some need to be started by seed indoors and some can be started right in the ground. A lot of garden prep has to happen before that though. I'll be posting about this soon. 

The blog redesign isn't finished. I need to finish the pages that my header links to. I also need to update my various social media pages - Google Plus, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. 

Hopefully I can find the time for these things and also find some time to participate in some link up parties! 

What do you guys want to get done this month? 

17 comments:

  1. Good goals. Blogging regularly can be tough. You never know what life has in store. You may want to consider making a Facebook page as well. We get a good amount of traffic from it, but most importantly, you get some visibility to your posts on a routine basis for people who aren't regular blog readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about making a FB page but you've made me reconsider :) Maybe I'll try it this month.
      Anyway, Christine, I love that you do monthly lists, I think if I did the same I'd stay more focused. I want to finish attaching the doors to the console, hang the bus roll (it's done, just have to hang it & then I can blog about it), clean up and power wash the patio properly, make the sliding barn door for the kitchen, and a couple of other small crafts if I have time. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

      Delete
    2. John- I've debated about a Facebook page. I don't feel interesting enough to keep content fresh on a facebook page, Instagram, twitter and a blog but maybe I'll give it a go. haha. If people get bored with me, I'll just blame you ; )

      Thanks Ainhoa! I find it does keep me more focused. Try it out sometime : ) Your list is ambitious!!

      Delete
  2. I've given up all hope of blogging regularily, haha. I think you do a pretty good job - I definitely wouldn't call you irregular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is super sweet of you to say. I feel like a blogging flake. haha.

      Delete
  3. I thing these area all great goals, but I have to admit, my favorite part of this post is Ms. Jixer!! She is such a pretty pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'll let her know you think so ; ) She's definitely a beautiful lab- her cuteness really shines in her personality though and that's hard to showcase in photos!

      Delete
  4. My work life has made my blog life take a major backseat lately. I'm sad about it, but life just gets in the way sometimes. We'll be here when you find time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens unfortunately. Life has been busy here too lately but I blame my lack of posts mainly on laziness... haha

      Delete
  5. 3 times a week sounds pretty regular to me :) I blog like, 3 times a month. lol
    Good luck on your goals! You're making me want to have a garage sale, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 times a week is my goal. I usually only make once. 3 is a success to me!

      I'm excited about a garage sale just to get rid of the stuff!! I am not looking forward to organizing it all and lugging it all out to the driveway... I excel in laziness.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your goals! I finally just got around to finishing my projects page after working on it for months haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'll have to go check it out!

      Delete
  7. Great goals. Good luck!
    I would love to have a garage sale, but it's just so much work. We usually just donate everything. I can't wait to hear how it turns out. Fingers crossed that the bathroom moves along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I am dreading the work. There is literally almost too much to donate right now. And we already donated over 5 bags of stuff! That's embarrassing...

      My fingers are crossed too... as I hear curse words coming from the bathroom. I have a feeling the door installation is not going well. I'm afraid to look : (

      Delete

Let's chat! Please leave a comment while you're here- getting them makes my day!

09 10